"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Weekend Knitblogging (and a Cat)

Projects recently completed:


Twin Rib pattern shawl made with 5 skeins Lion Brand Woolspun (discontinued several years ago, dammitdammitdammit, and found on eBay). Note the funky edging!


Basic socks made with 1 skein Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn. I do love a self-striping yarn.

Projects in progress:

My biggest and best project right now is intended for a gift, so I can't post photos. But I've got a few take-along projects going, too.


Here I'm trying to modify the candleflame shawl pattern into a scarf. The yarn is Lion Brand Jiffy. If this works, I may even attempt a candleflame hat.


Tolie likes it!


The bare beginnings of a pair of ribbed socks using one skein Lion Brand Wool-Ease Sportweight. Knitting socks on two circulars reduces transfers (and lost needles), while doing both at once eliminates that old second-sock "haven't I just done this?" angst.

No time to post patterns or technical details today, but if you're interested in the hows, whys and wherefores of any of the above, drop me a line. :)

2 rejoinders:

Anonymous sounded off...

My mind can't seem to wrap itself around self-striping yarn.

Third Base Line sounded off...

That's why it's MAGIC Stripes. ;)