"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Weekend Knitblogging

So I picked up this book called Odd-Ball Knitting, which is full of patterns to use your stash on--you know, that half-skein left over from the shawl you knitted three years ago, or the lone skein of a gorgeous discontinued yarn that you scored for two bucks on clearance? Yeah, that yarn. Too much to throw away, not enough to make a scarf out of.

In the pages of this book, I found my new favorite thing in the world to knit.

Behold.

The catnip mouse.



3 rejoinders:

Fourth pew, center sounded off...

Aww, que cute!

Third Base Line sounded off...

Sure. It's a gaugeless pattern, so the chunkier the yarn, the bigger the mouse. :)

SBG sounded off...

I think I need one of those. Lucy would be so happy.