"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Friday, January 27, 2006

TwinsFest!

It's TwinsFest time again! The bright ray of light in the midst of a dreary offseason is (finally, oh, finally) upon us. I'm going to be there Saturday and Sunday, with/in my little blue Bartlett jersey that's desperately in need of some signing. I'm usually off in my own little world, so be sure to wave something in front of my eyes before you say hello. But please do say hello!

I love TwinsFest. I really do. I mean, the Autograph Party in June is great and all, what with the sunshine and fresh air, but there's nothing like TwinsFest for getting TBL's trusty scorebook simply plastered with the signatures of all her favorite Twins and Twins-to-be. (Except Torii and the Joes, because their lines are just impossible.)

Another thing I love about TwinsFest is the baseball card dealers. I have a teensy, tiny baseball card collection (to go with my teensy, tiny baseball addiction), and am in dire need of more Rincón and Bartlett cards. And, though one hesitates even to mention such an awkward matter, one must admit that one's collection is entirely without Scott Baker cards. The shame! If any of you dear people happen to stumble across some nice examples of any of the three, do point me in the right direction.

(Come to think of it, I'd be willing to trade non-Twins cards for Twins cards. Drop me a line if you're looking for someone in particular.)

Oh, and if you happen to be passing by the Future Twins table (it's the only free one!) when Pat Neshek is there, go on up. That guy is a real hoot. Best signature ever, too--you can see it on his website.

And, if you haven't heard, Johan Santana has had to cancel his TwinsFest appearances. Alas! But Joe Nathan and Carlos Silva will be there, and that's nearly as cool.

0 rejoinders: