"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Right Attitude

"This club missed the playoffs last year for the first time in four years. I know that they are probably burning a bit about that and I'd love to be there to help."
--LHP Darrell May, on competing for the opening in the Twins bullpen

"It's been a great weekend for me. The fans have been welcoming me with open arms and telling me how excited they are to have me over here. They seem as ready as I do to start the season."
--DH Rondell White, on his first TwinsFest

"I have a lot to prove to myself and to everyone around here. I'm capable of being the hitter that everyone expects out of me. Last year was a learning experience. It was a good year for me in that I learned a lot through playing every day in the big leagues."
--1B Justin Morneau, on his disappointing 2005 season

"Castillo can bat first and I can bat second, or the other way around. I haven't talked to Gardy about it yet, but as long as I'm in the lineup, that's all that matters to me."
--OF Shannon Stewart, on speculation that he might be shifted from the leadoff role

"I'll do whatever needs to be done to help this team. If they ask me to play the outfield occasionally, I can still do that, too. I just have to watch my defensive play, because most of my injuries have come from diving and sliding in the outfield. I guess sometimes I think I'm Superman out there."
--DH Rondell White, on becoming a DH

0 rejoinders: