"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Who Needs New Hiking Socks? Anyone?

Somebody, please, hold me down and take my credit cards away.

You may recall that I often knit with Lion Brand Yarn because they make a whole passel of quality yarns at nice low prices. You may also recall that I'm something of a treehugger, in the same way that Jesse Owens was something of a runner.

Well, folks, Lion Brand has just come out with organic cotton yarn.

I have worked with organic cotton yarn, and it is the buttery-softest, most wonderful stuff in the world. I'll take it over cashmere, and I loves me some cashmere. And now, thanks to those wonderful folks at Lion, I have a cheap, ready supply of organic cotton yarn--color-grown organic cotton, even!

Ah, well, I didn't really want my own house, did I?

3 rejoinders:

Anonymous sounded off...

The house is to hold the yarn stash, right? So you don't need the house if you don't have a stash.

Fourth pew, center sounded off...

Precisely. And the apartment won't be big enough for the stash. So, not only do you still need a house, now you need a bigger house.

Faith Peters sounded off...

Thankks for this blog post