"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Friday, February 25, 2005

Dreaming of the Sun

Long time, no post. Things have been pretty busy the last couple of weeks. Here's the update.

Work:
Worst. Project. Ever.

Home:
Been getting ready for the trip to Florida. Flying out Thursday, Mom and I will get into Fort Myers late in the afternoon. We've got Twins spring training games Friday and Saturday, a minor-league hockey game Sunday, another Twins game Monday, and then it's back in the air at the crack of hell Tuesday morning. Provided I can find wireless internet access, I'll be blogging the trip!
I tell ya, I can't wait for the sunshine. There had better be sunshine. I'm starting to feel like one of those weird hairless creatures that lives in the depths of a cave, hunting fish and bugs among the fossilized bear bones. I expect to evolve myself some sonar any day now.

Miscellany:
So I'm listening to the news this morning while I get ready for work, and there's this woman ranting and raving about how there aren't any African-Americans on the Michael Jackson jury and how's a black man supposed to get a fair trial like that? And all I can think is, "Lady, Michael Jackson hasn't been black for years."

0 rejoinders: