"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Friday, March 11, 2005

Friday Afternoon Miscellany

Today's strip in the Dilbert-a-Day calendar is about estimating time to completion for a project. It went like so:

Dilbert: "In a perfect world the project would take eight months. But based on past projects in this company, I applied a 1.5 incompetence multiplier. And then I applied an LWF of 6.3."
Pointy-Haired Boss: "LWF?"
Alice: "Lying Weasel Factor."
I thought, "Hey, that's MY project!"

First baseman Justin Morneau, after battling appendicitis (October), chicken pox (January), pleurisy and pneumonia (February) this offseason, now has to have minor surgery to remove a cyst which has developed at the site of his appendectomy incision. What's next, scurvy? Arrrr!

In other news, the Twins lost to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays 2-3 in exhibition action this afternoon. Apparently Santana pitched three scoreless innings, but since the game wasn't broadcast (@#*%!) I have no further detail to offer.

I just looked out the window, and the snow is falling sideways. Brrr.

3 rejoinders:

frightwig sounded off...

Sitting by my window this afternoon, I heard a splash against the glass that sounded like someone was spraying it with a hose. What tha... Leaning back, I separated the blind and peered out to see--yep, snow blowing sideways, straight at me. Wasn't it Spring last weekend?

frightwig sounded off...

Oh, and I made the 3BL blogroll! Excellent. Thanks very much!

SBG sounded off...

March is the cruelest month, no doubt.