"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Spring Cleaning

It's tempting Fate to put the winter clothes in storage before the mercury hits 70 around here. I did it anyway. Blame for any future blizzards may be laid firmly on my doorstep, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I needed to see and touch all those lovely shorts and sleeveless shirts. I needed to believe that yes, Virginia, there is a summer, and it is coming soon.

A lot of what I uncovered was a surprise, items purchased late in the summer in celebration of dropping a size and worn only once or twice before being packed away in favor of sweaters and long underwear.

Much of it is shortly going to be a nice surprise for someone at the Goodwill store. Some recently-acquired wisdom: don't buy new clothes near the end of a season while dieting. Those size ten cargo capris look fabulous in August when you're getting out of a twelve for the first time in two years, but next March when you're wearing a six they look more like limp potato sacks with belt loops.

So, who wants to go shopping? I need some new pants!

0 rejoinders: