"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Twins vs Yankees, 03/26/2005

It was a playoff replay at Hammond Stadium today: Twins vs Yankees, Santana vs Mussina. Santana pitched well early, but tired late. Mussina was hittable, but not very. The Twins lost 5-3.

I hate losing to the Yankees. Even in spring training. Even when it's a close game, when Morneau is starting to look like his old self and Hunter hits a beauty of a homer. I hate losing to the Yankees because the Yankees are capital-E Evil. The Yankees are everything that is wrong with baseball and a perversion of everything that's right with it. Steinbrenner is an ass, a trait emulated by most of his players. Their misbegotten sense of entitlement is shared and amplified by their legions of clueless, obnoxious fans. I have met hundreds of Yankee fans in my life, and could count on one hand those who actually comprehended even the most basic subtleties of the game. Most Yankee "fans" actually think Derek Jeter is handsome--this gives you and idea of the depths of their delusion.

So when I think of my honest, hardworking, good-hearted Twins losing so much as an exhibition game to these pinstriped spawns of Satan, I just

[The remainder of this post has been forcibly censored by the FCC, on the grounds of extreme profanity.]

1 rejoinders:

Fourth pew, center sounded off...

Hey, I'm proud of you for getting that far before the FCC had to step in!