"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Friday, November 05, 2004

Going to Ground

Hello, everyone. How's life in the United States of Jesus treating you? Don't forget, it's easier to flee if you've already got a Canadian work permit, so get those forms filled out and mailed in!

Me? Oh, I'm doing okay. I've decided to be absolutely f---ing furious for a few weeks, mostly at the Democratic party (how on earth do you lose to a guy who started a senseless war, turned a massive budget surplus into a deficit so large we're actually near the limit of our national credit--it's true!, neutered the EPA to the extent that there are now a number of Minnesota lakes so full of mercury from legal industrial emissions that fishing is prohibited, and can't pronounce words of more than two syllables?), but after that I'm going to find a way to calm down. I hear opium works nicely.

On the bright side, it's remarkably easy to retreat into fantasy when the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Since I'm not only retreating but also recording, I should get a lot of writing done in the next few years, right? Right. Remember the bright side. Life is good, I'm getting lots done, pay no attention to the fundamentalists behind the curtain, la la la la la la la la...

So anyway, if I don't answer the phone, I'm probably spending some quality time with the laptop and the mp3 player. Just leave a message. I'll get back to you when I can bear to look out the window again.

Beep.

0 rejoinders: