"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Monday, November 29, 2004

The No-Politics Post

Hi! Long time, no post, huh?

Wow, I really needed that long weekend. It fortified me to face the utter meltdown of my current project at work today, which I pretty much expected after the events of Wednesday. I should have known sooner--that project went much too smoothly until then.

Have you ever accidentally left your cash card in an ATM, and it sucked it back in and destroyed it? Mr. Third Base Line has done that twice in the last year, but he's gotten his reward for suffering through my unsympathetic laughter--my card got eaten, too. Guess when? Yes, it was on Wednesday. It's amazing how quickly you can lose 20 years and feel like a kid waiting for an allowance when your cash flow is entirely dependent on someone else. That, and you feel slightly dumber than mold for losing the damn thing in the first place. I think I'll stick to the machines where you swipe your card from now on, thanks.

The Ladies of Tortuga Knitting and Keelhauling Society met again this weekend. It was a reduced group, due to familial obligations over Thankstaking weekend, but we had a good time. Two of our number learned to knit for the first time and are now busy creating the obligatory scarf. I have never met anyone whose first knitting project wasn't a scarf, come to think of it. Well, they are easy. I'm currently working on a shawl (for Shiela's Shawls), a scarf (for Paul's Scarves) and a pair of gloves (for a friend to add to her Renaissance Festival garb). One of these days I'll get around to posting pictures.

Well, that's it for my lunch break today. Back to the salt mines...!

0 rejoinders: