"Let us go forth a while, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our closed rooms...
The game of ball is glorious."

--Walt Whitman

Monday, November 22, 2004

Mood Music

So I've got this MP3 player that holds my entire CD collection and still has half its available space free. I love this thing. I can listen to music while working (what, you didn't think I actually work with people, did you? Ha!), walking, riding the bus, whatever. Usually I select music to match my mood, but lately (since Black Tuesday) the shoe's been on the other foot. Listen to something long enough, your mood will change to match.

Here's what's running down the batteries lately:

Nickelback (angry, yet strangely optimistic)

Great Big Sea (four relentlessly cheerful goofballs in Newfoundland)

The Levellers (tree-hugging wacko commie liberals in England)

Voltaire (Goth satire, gotta love it)

Michael Bublé (a blast from the past to take your mind off the blasts from the present)

The Corsairs (pirate music--arrrrr!)

0 rejoinders: