One of the great things about public transportation is the conversations you catch bits of.
Person 1: "You know how Bush keeps going on about the 'war against terror'?"
Person 2: "Yeah."
Person 1: "And you know how he mispronounces 'terror' as 'terra'?"
Person 2: (pause) "Yeah, you're right, he does."
Person 1: "Isn't 'terra' Latin for 'earth'?"
Person 1, I salute you.
And now, the inaugural installment of
TBL's Unofficial, Ever-Growing List of Ways to Cope With Emperor Shrub's Reign
- spend most waking hours plugged into trusty mp3 player, blasting the Levellers
- when Shrub comes on TV, instantly salute with "the finger" (TBL uses both hands)
- watch Daily Show religiously
- learn words to Canadian national anthem
- read fiction
- knit for humanitarian organization (soothing and constructive)
- transfer savings to higher-interest account so eventual move to Canada can be accomplished by truck instead of hand-cart
- primal scream
Add yours in the comments!